BUY DIRECT from the AUTHOR
Fall 2023 Pricing & Free U.S. Shipping
PLUS Special Offers!
Order a “Signed & Numbered” Doctors of the Game to receive a S&N Summers at the Muni Free
A $70 Value for Your Support of My Work!
Doctors of the Game®
2023 Pricing Includes: Free Shipping in the U.S. via FedEx
Doctors of the Game® is offered in three premier presentations worthy of those recognized in this 696-page tome. In acknowledging the seven-year process of research, writing, editing, and design the final product had to reflect the quality and commitment of the professionals who grace the pages of this treasure.
The premium cover on both the trade and numbered edition is the luxurious Brown Italian Fiscagomma Agenda Bufali, which replicates the look and feel of leather while offering the ability to apply the beautiful original multi-level heat debossed cover pattern. The centerpiece cover photograph is a tip-on inlay painting of Allan Robertson, courtesy of the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews. This substantial nine-pound book is solidly bound with reinforced 150-point front and backboards and enhanced end papers.
All applications for both the numbered and lettered editions will be accepted in strict sequence based on the date of receipt on each order.
John Strege – golfdigest.com
(Click above quote for link to full article)
What Others Are Saying
I received my copy of “Doctors of the Game” today. As a long time golf book collector and having a library of 5000 volumes, I thought I had seen it all, but seriously the beauty of the presentation including the care with packing, the magnificent job Keith (Felton Bookbinding) did with the binding and the truly exceptional body of knowledge you have compiled is the best of the best I have ever seen/owned.
“Doctors of the Game is a stunning achievement, a work this reviewer is honored to own and to which he will no doubt return time and again for authoritative information on golf history.”
Jim Davis – Editor The Golf, The Golf Heritage Society
“Doctors of the Game sets a new standard in the meticulousness of its research and the breadth of coverage. It closes a large void in the literature of the game, namely, its singular focus on the professional. Easily the most finely crafted and best golf book of the year.”
John Sabino – Golf Author & Owner Valuable Book Group
“Not only is the information within the binding the most extensive I have ever seen but the presentation of it is just magnificent. I am aware of the years of research and writing that went into this work and it staggers my imagination.”
Charles Burgess – Author of Multiple Sports Books including: Golf Links: Chay Burgess, Francis Quimet and the Bringing of Golf to America
“What Billy Dettlaff has created with “Doctors of the Game” is essential reading for the present and future custodians of the game. It is a living, breathing gift to golf history, a manual to preserve, progress and protect the game.”
Wally Uihlein – Golf Industry Executive
2023 Fall Pricing & Free U.S. Shipping
Create your order by clicking on the Price Line
- 696 pages
- 450,000 words
- Over 120 biographies and profiles
- 335 photographs and period engravings
- Archival Italian Garda Silk 100 lb. Matte paper – FSC-RFM Certified
- Presented in a 9” by 12” page format – long end binding
- Printed on a sheet-fed press in a five-color process
- Italian Fiscagomma Agenda Bufali cover featuring:
- Unique debossed Scottish Thistle design
- Four-color tip-on portrait image honoring Allan Robertson
- Foil lettering on cover and spine
- Reinforced 150-point cover boards
- Reinforced end papers
- Two marker ribbons
Buy this Edition to Automatically Receive a Free Copy of Summers at the Muni
All of the Above Plus These Special Features:
- Presented in a premium van Heek Brillianta cloth slipcase
- Adorned with cover tip-on image of Allan Robertson
- Foil lettered cover
- Upgraded Rainbow Ebony Marble pattern endpapers
- Foil embossed limitation page
- Individually numbered (1–400)
- Author signed
- Book and slipcase weigh over 9 pounds
(Plus receive a Trade Edition “reading copy” to enjoy)
Co-signed by Pete Dye – World Golf Hall of Fame & Alice Dye – First Lady of Golf Architecture
- Hand bound heirloom edition crafted in a mid 19th Century style by Keith Felton, North America’s finest bookbinder
- Full bound premium Nigerian goat skin hand finished in England
- 23k gold gilt edges
- Hand-stamped 23k gold lettering
- Traditional 5 raised banded spine lavishly hand tooled in 23k gold
- Front and back boards hand tooled in 23k gold
- Two silk marker ribbons
- Premium hand made English marble end sheets
- Foil embossed Limitation Page
- Hand lettered A–ZZ (plus three Author’s Proofs not offered for sale)
- Signed by the author
- Premium handcrafted cloth slipcase with inlay cover image
- Letter matched and signed limited edition photograph printed on archival Hahnemühle William Turner Fine Art paper inserted into a bound presentation page accompanied by numbered hologram certification.
Shipping is available for the heirloom Author’s Presentation Copy with a Only 1 copy currently in stock. Once sold reservations will be accepted for upcoming production of this heirloom hand bound edition.
All Doctors Editions: US Shipping & Handling is Free
Due to Weight and Size additional International Shipping per Book: Canada – $50.00 USD; The World $80.00 USD
SUMMERS at the MUNI
Offered in Three Options
Beautifully designed in an 8.25 inch by 10.5-inch page format
presented on 100 lb. imported Italian Garda Silk paper to enhance the type and images.
The unique printed hardcover projects a tooled leather look sporting a photo of a period leather golf bag.
The book features 304 pages in a four-color process with printed endpapers.
See the “SUMMERS” tab at Top of Page for order details